BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 22, 2006

Thank You:



Earlier today an older gentleman came in and possibly gave me the best compliment I could ask for. I hope there was no sarcasm in the comment, because if there is I am about to make a complete ass of myself. After completing his transaction and thanking him, he told me (paraphrased for lack of memory) that he enjoys shopping at my place and thought my personality added to the experience. In my eyes I very rarely feel people understand how hard I try to make my store a better experience for all who shop here. I feel I do my best to try and make every generation, race and walk of life feel equal. I bend over backwards often at my own expense and go well beyond industry norm to take care of my customers. I could create an endless list of stuff I 've done for customers that would amaze anyone, but by no means is it about me personally. I do what I do to create a better life for everyone who crosses my path. First and foremost is my daughter. There is absolutely nothing in this world that means more to me than her. (yes mom and dad you are both tied for second) While it is very hard to appease society(no thanks to the Bush administration), I firmly believe in doing so one person at a time. In doing so I sometimes forget to take care of myself and that basic needs to keep me healthy.
I stay in shape physically and somewhat mentally, but I don't do a good job of pampering myself. For some unknown reason I hope it will just fall into my lap, like this gentlemans comment today. It's the little things that keep me going. Sometimes you don't realize how much you are missing until you experience it.
After finalizing my divorce a few months ago, I swore to myself I would work on making both my daughters life, my life, and the stores "life" better. One thought I will probably never get over is that my marriage failed. While I received the most beautiful daughter possible from it,
I left with a bunch of guilt. I do know that everyones life who comes across my path will be better from this point on, I do wish I had the last ten years back to try again. Basically the purpose of this blog, even though I digressed, was to thank that certain customer for feeling what it is that I am trying to create. You may be the only one, or there might be many more, but you did a great job of showing it.

1 comments:

Katy said...

It's great when people notice when you go outta your way to make things just a little bit better and/or nicer even in the smallest ways...Great Blog!!!!