BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 01, 2006

Hello Again!!

Since it has been so long since last time I am going to post this as a bunch of random thoughts from the last month. First of all it really sucks being shorthanded at the store. Brandon and I are working it all alone. I can handle the hours, it's the lack of quality time with my daughter that really hurts. However I don't think I will ever find enough of that. We did have an absolutely wonderful vacation together, but I am going to save that for an entire blog next.
Like my notes in the window at the store these really serve as a form of entertainment for whomever wishes to read them. I enjoy sharing my thoughts, and especially like receiving feedback good or bad. Today a lady at the store asked me if I was the one who wrote all the notes in the window. I replied yes to which she proceeded to tell me how much she respected me. She then told me to never change and continued with the respect comments a few more times. While I am not sure what exactly struck a chord with her, I'll wager a guess that she was probably in a bad relationship with someone who did not respect her. My natural inclination when someone compliments me excessively is to believe they are probably searching for some themselves. Either way I would really enjoy a conversation with you if you happen to read this.
While on the topic of the notes, I heard one I used to hear everyday and haven't for a while. I forgot just how much it irritated me. "You seem pretty intelligent. What are you doing working here?" Just so everyone knows, I truly enjoy what I do. No glory, but I enjoy going to work everyday. Even the bad days are enjoyable for the most part. Speaking of which. I had to laugh at My God's cruel timing. A few nights ago a couple of women came in and were having a good time on the town. One offered to flash me in exchange for a tobacco pipe. Not being one to turn this down I agreed, but told her she must come inside to do it. She pulled around and came inside. She chose her pipe and was about to lift her shirt when a hispanic male stumbled through the door to get some beer. Beyond drunk I told him he could not have any and that he must leave. He told me it was all good and to not worry about it. Once again I said "sorry man but you got to go". He then started to make lewd comments to the girls causing them extreme discomfort. I raised my voice telling him to leave now, to which he replied, "shut up man I'll fucking kill you." Wow what a mood changer. At this point the girls are real scared, when two Gresham police officers came in imediately arrest him. Obviously he did something elsewhere. Needless to say the girls left promising me some other time. GREAT TIMING!!
My tennis team lost our first match of the year. We were short two of our best players which really hurt. Otherwise we would of never lost that match. We are now in second place with a
3-1 record. Fortunately we are still in the fight for the playoffs. Only 8 out of 24 teams make it and right now we are seeded 5th. It was the first time one of our singles players lost a match all year. I still believe we have the top 2 players in the league out of about 350 players. Even the best lose once in a while.
One last theme I wish to address only because it is bothering me is the amount of good people in bad relationships. I talked to a girl who got off work an hour early only to discover her boyfriend making out on the couch with some other girl. They fought, broke up, and then got back together again a few weeks later. They got in a fight again to which he says in the heat of a verbal war"No wander your dad left you when you were four years old." Wow what a catch!!
The sad thing is she is one of the most beautiful and sweetest people you would ever meet. Very rarely does a day go by that I don't hear one of these stories.
Last of all for know. I spent Saturday at "Saturday Market with my daughter and had an absolutely wonderful time. She would of made my Mom so proud. She ordered Tofu over fried noodles. Inside joke but pretty cool none the less.

0 comments: