BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 01, 2006

My Vacation!!



Two weeks ago my daughter and I went on a vacation to Missouri to see my mom, brother, his wife and his two children. First of all they are possibly the two cutest kids I have ever seen. Both mom and dad have a great set of genes, so these should be pretty good peoples. My mom was my mom. She will never change. Thank God! She is possibly the most real person you will ever meet. There is nothing fake about her. I truly appreciate knowing she will always be herself. My brother looked real good as well. I spent most of my younger life worrying he would be a punk, yet he turned out to be an amazing person. He is such a good father. However I can tell you he is about to get the ultimate lesson in patience. As different as we are in lifestyles, deep down I think we both really think the same. As with myself, I truly felt he always thinks of others first and himself last. His wife is an absolute peach. She takes her role as a mother so seriously, which is so important. So few people realize there really is no room for error when it comes to raising a child. My mom's farm really was a great place to get away.(however I am addicted to showers). I enjoyed seeing wild turkey, deer and more varieties of birds than I ever imagined on her property. Her town was very quaint as well. Definitely a few steps back in time. I suppose it wouldn't be fair to only share my positive thoughts, so I must share my negative ones as well. I HATE TICKS!!!!!!!!!! I flew back to Portland and immediately took a nice long hot shower. Guess what I had an effing tick on my back thigh.(he should of at least shared in the cost of the airline TICKet.) Wow where did thst cheesy moment come from.
Next gripe would be the lack of a good beer selection anywhere(Sorry BUSCH). The final thought will probably have severe ramifications for me at some point in life, but it is only my thought so take it with a grain of salt.
My Aunt, uncle, and cousin visited the farm for a few hours while we were there. My aunt is permantly handicapped in a wheelchair and requires constant help from others. She is possibly the sweetest person I have ever met. She made every effort to be a part of the event and I truly enjoyed my conversation with her. One of her daughters came as well. She recently moved to Missouri to help with her mom as well as help herself. She appeared to be near the brink of a breakdown. While I can only imagine what she goes through she is way too young to be going through this. She is absolutely beautiful, intelligent, and young, and has everything going for her if she chooses to fight hard enough. I just worry she will get herself caught in a no win situation which is what it now appears to be. I think she is stuck between the love of her mother and the love of her father while not being able to respect both. The final observation is what is going to hurt. TO ME, my uncle appeared to be very self centered, very much sheltered from everyone else and simply going through the motions. While I understand I have no right to formulate an opinion on such a small amount of time, I do know my uncle is not the type of person who would make my life better by being in it. I know he has been through more than I ever will, but noone ever said life was going to be perfect. I hope he takes a long look at his daughter and her path and realizes, that he is probably the only person on this planet who can help her right now. Personally I will be sick to my stomach if she ends up having a hard time in life because of this. Hopefully she will spend a lot of time with my mom while there. My mom will help her out in so many ways that I'm pretty sure she isn't going to get with her parents. I apologize if this causes any problems but I am only sharing this because I truly care about you all as a family. While I may have issues individually, there is no reason everybody can't be taken care of one way or another. Synopsis. Terry, be strong. Tera, Take care of yourself, for you are an amazing woman, and Johnny, take a good look at what is truly important to you. Love to Everbody!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Katy said...

Wow...what a great vacation...great pics...lmao..minus the icky ticks...!!!