BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Life is full of circles!!!

One theme seemed to be stuck in my path this last week. While I'm really stretching a few of these, the thought entered my mind, so that's enough reason to make a entry for it. First of all, my daughters school had a bomb threat earlier this week. All the students were forced to stay in their respective classrooms while the whole situation was investigated. Three months shy of exactly 20 years ago I had a bomb scare at my school as well. All of us students were evacuated and had to stay on the football field for a real long time. It was both scary and exciting, and downright fun having all the kids together cracking their jokes. It sure isn't as funny when it's your childs life at stake however. The second sort of dejavu was playing in different tennis tournaments on back to back weekends. In the first one, I played and easily beat a guy 6-1,6-1 very quickly and without much challenge. The next weekend in a separate tournament in a separate state I somehow had to play him again in the first round. I felt so bad for him because it really hurts playing someone first round who you already know can and has beaten you very recently. This time I won 6-0,6-0 or infamously known as a double bagel, probably the most painful occurance in tennis. He was really down when he went to see his sister and girlfriend after the match. Unfortunately there is nothing anyone can say to make you feel better after an event like that. The only reason I tell this story is because when I played in tennis tournaments as a junior back in California, I constantly got stuck playing and losing to this same kid over and over again. One time I drove over 100 miles to a tournament and immediately felt my heart drop when I saw his name as my first round opponent. I remember there being over 100 kids in that draw and I got him FIRST ROUND. I have to say it feels a lot better being on the other side for once. The last one is sort of silly but oh well. The lease is up on my vehicle and I was just going to turn it in and look for a cheap old used SUV. As I started asking friends if they knew anyone selling theirs, only two people had any ideas. The first one was the EXACT color, year, make and model of a car I owned about ten years ago, and the other was a car I owned about 6 years ago however different color. I just wanted to say this planet is way too big to being repeating itself in this fashion.

0 comments: