BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Tennis update

While I know this subject bores the majority of you, there are a few people out there who truly care. The last update mentioned that the team I coach made the playoffs. We were one of 8 teams to qualify for the Nothern Oregon Usta Sectional Championships. For the first time in my clubs history our team actually won the whole tournament. We now go on to play against 5 other teams to decide the Pacifac Northwest Championships. We play Yakima Tennis Club first round and Amy Yee Tennis Center out of Seattle second round. If we win both we play in the finals against either Anchorage Alaskas club, Courthouse in Salem, or Valley Tennis Club out of Washington. The winner of this tournament gets to play for the National Championships in Hawaii. Not an eay task, but anything is possible. One side note. While playing in junior tennis tournaments down in San Diego, I had one player who beat me in four seperate tournaments. It use to drive me crazy seeing his name in the draw, especially in early rounds. I now live a thousand miles away and never heard his name since..... Upon looking up information about the players on the team we play first round, I found out he is the head coach for their club. Small world. It's just nice to be given another chance to get even.

0 comments: