BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Yes, I'm still alive!

Once again I apologize for the lapse between blogs. At least this time I have a better excuse. A lot has happened since my last blog. First of all, my house finally sold, finalizing the last ties to my marriage. I moved in with a friend whom I have known for about ten years. My daughter and I each have our own rooms. It is quite a step down from living in a 4000 sq. ft. house for the last 5 years. I have joint custody with my ex-wife, leaving my daughter with a room in each house. So far it is working out very well. However it hurts really bad when Madison is gone, even though it is only a few days at a time. I am just so thankful she has a really good home to go to. I am not sure how I would handle it if she wasn't in a good environment when not with me. As usual she is doing really good in school. She got straight A's as well as taking a bunch of extracurricular classes. She sure is one smart cookie. I sure do fight with the lonliness aspect late at night. I manage to keep busy until I finally go down. That is when every thought in the world spins through my mind. Fortunately I truly enjoy going to work each morning. I have so many nice customers who I really care about, making it easy to stay positive about everything. I do realize so many people are going through way more than I ever will. As long as my daughter and I are healthy everything else is really secondary to me.
My tennis team won its second match(2-0). We won as a team 4-1. I won my doubles match after possibly the strangest first set I have ever witnessed. My partner who is a very good player could not make a shot for the life of him. Neither of us could figure out what was wrong, but he finally came around in the second set. I can't remember the last time I was that frustrated with a partner. I know he didn't mean to play that way, but I had never seen anyone play so beneath their game. We came back after losing the first set and ended up winning 10-1 in a third set tiebreaker. We have probably our toughest match this weekend.

0 comments: